The Advisory Board
The ‘New Zoo’ initiative benefits enormously from the counsel and guidance of our Advisory Board. These are a group of high profile figures from business politics, academe, third and environmental sectors proving strategic advice and offering connections and introductions on a pro bono basis which would otherwise be beyond the programme’s reach.
We are especially pleased that recently Lord Deben (John Selywn Gummer, the former Environment Secretary) has joined the group, and that Lord Willetts (former Minister for Universities and Science) has also shown a strong interest.
We are extremely grateful to each and everyone listed below in alphabetical order,
- Professor Sir Drummond Bone (Master of Balliol, Oxford)
- Douglas Daft AC (former CEO Coca Cola)
- Lord Deben ( Chair of the UK Government’s Committee on Climate Change)
- Stephen Dunmore (former Director UK wide BIG Lottery)
- Baroness Gloria Hooper ( senior parliamentarian with a special interest in international relations)
- Chris Hyman CBE (recent former CEO, Serco)
- Darren W Jones, MD Barclays Investment Bank, UK
- Angus Maitland (founder and chairman of the Maitland Consultancy)
- James Ross OBE (former CEO BP, former Chair Littlewoods plc)
- Sir Martin Davidson (recent former CEO, British Council
New Zoo should also like to recognise the generosity of Chime Communications and SomeOne Design for rebranding New Zoo pro bono; and the Liverpool School of Architecture and Martin Winchester for maintaining our website.
John Regan, Saskia Hervey, Neil Kemsley and colleagues at John Regan Associates proposed the New Zoo initiative and now develop the programme by working closely with the partner site based organisations on the specific capital projects (see separate pages), the Advisory Board, and various funding bodies and public sector institutions.